Wesley in the city has a long history. The original chapel was one of the first in Australia. It is one of the longest continuously worshiping congregations in Australia.
The original Melville St Chapel (now Wesley Hall) opened in 1825.
The current building based on the Wesley Chapel in City Road London was built in 1840.
There are a number of documents outlining the history.
They include the pamphlet produced for the Sesquicentenary in 1990. This document is still available.
The pamphlet can be obtained by contacting the church office.
Click here to visit the Museum page